About Me

My Photo
C Fangerow
My feet are firmly planted with one in England and the other in California.
View my complete profile
Friday 30 April 2010

postheadericon Recovery

30 April, 2010

Beep, beep. Beep, beep.

"Breathe Cathleen, take a breath".  The voice was insistent but not nearly so insistent as the annoying beeping that had forced me back to the brink of consciousness.

I'm breathing, ok? Just let me sleep a while longer. The beeping stopped and I willingly slipped back into sweet slumber.

Beep, beep. Beep, beep. "Come on Cathleen, breathe". Beep, beep. Beep, beep. "You have to breathe".

OK, OK... another breath. There, are you happy? What's the big deal anyway, breathing is as natural as, well, breathing. Turn that bloody beeping thing off and I promise I will breath. Just let me sleep awhile longer.

Beep, beep. Beep, beep. Oh bloody hell, I'm breathing! Are you happy? I'll keep breathing just to keep that damned thing quiet.

"Welcome back, Cathleen. You are in recovery".

0 comments:

Purchase a Human Tribe Tag

Show you support a Cancer patient when you purchase a Human Tribe Tag. 75% of the purchase price will be sent directly to the beneficiary. Tribe-badge-c USA shipping only at this time.

PayPal Donation Link

If you would like to help with some of the many expenses which are not covered by insurance you are invited to make a small donation.

Make a donation in British ££:

Make a donation in US $$:

Followers